am a government deployed midwife with experience as a midwifery educator at
BRAC University. I am committed to the
welfare of midwives across the country.
My strong education background is what BMS leadership needs at this time
with continuing education and training for midwives a gap and urgent
priority. I have the background and
skills to raise this with key stakeholders at the national level. Not only do I understand about midwifery
education, I have a good understanding about government regulations and BMS
procedures. I have the skills and
confidence to represent you at national and international forums, and to raise
I believe that participation in midwifery association is really important to make positive changes for midwives in our country. For BMS to be successful it needs members. As Education Secretary in BMS over the past three years I have shown my ability to engage midwives including student midwives as members. This year alone till date, I have supported the enrolment and renewals of over 627 midwives into BMS. This makes me the top performer across the country in raising BMS membership. The organisation needs members and I am committed to see BMS thrive.
If elected as a President, I will try my level best to:
• Address and create opportunities for higher education to all midwives in Bangladesh.
• Increase training opportunities in the midwifery profession.
• Help BMS achieve its vision that by 2024 all midwives will become BMS members.
• Improve the working conditions of midwives.
• Look at ways for BMS to provide Divisional level support to midwives.
• Set up legal framework in BMS